Blog 6 - A Career-Related Expert or Website
Hello class!
I believe you will find this topic pretty interesting and amusing. This time, you will have to post about someone of interest on your academic field. Similarly, you can write and interesting website. I personally have got my trends (I am sharing one of my favoured academic writer and a well known site on language).
Entry's features:
For the present task, you need to write 150 to 160 words. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the structures we have learned in previous lessons and all the English you know. DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY. You will have 48 hours to upload. Good luck on your task! :)
________________________________________________________________________________
A Career-related persona and website:
Edgar W. Schneider is a German linguist who investigates the evolution of English across the world. He is my career-related persona. Some of the titles I have read in the past are: ‘English around the World’, 'A Handbook of Varieties of English' and 'Post Colonial English' (he has published way beyond these topics). All these books, fall into the category of Student's Introductory Handbooks. On such works Mr. Schneider portrays all the different aspects of modern English as well as the evolution over time and across the globe.
A first glance the content stroke me hard as he spoke of ‘World Englishes’. I thought there concept was mistaken. Later, l learnt that is the pluralisation that users have incorporated into the language, by instance grammar characteristics, vocabulary and phonetic variation have made possible the conceptualization!
As a related topic, one of my favourite sites is www.ethnologue.com since I can find all the necessary data to learn about a specific language group of a hidden culture. Language is at the core of this site. I also love the anthropological side of it, which makes me feel more connected to its content.
Hi teacher, I think this topic is interesting, personally speaking I don't know much about language but I think this linguist is very important in your career
ReplyDeleteHello teacher. I admire your passion for English. I don't speak English very well, but what you mention on your blog seems very interesting to me. I am curious to visit the mentioned site.
ReplyDeleteHi teacher! The book titled 'Post Colonial English' caught my attention, I wonder what it refers to, it certainly looks interesting. Schneider seems to be an expert who has studied many areas of English, he is brilliant!
ReplyDeleteHello teacher. How interesting ! I would very much like to read those books once I already dominate the language completely. I hope it's later ! Greetigs.
ReplyDeleteHello teacher! II must say, it is really interesting to learn about people who are really into English and it´s studies. Thanks for shearing! Have a great rest of the week!
ReplyDeleteHello professor, I found your blog great and it inspired me to do mine with the same passion. I didn't know Edgar W. Schneider but I find him interesting. Regards!
ReplyDeleteHi, linguistics is very interesting, you can learn a lot about history and culture by studying the language. English is expanding abysmally, maybe it will become the first world language.
ReplyDeleteHello teacher, it is really interesting to meet important people in the area of English as a language, I think that work like Schneider's should be more valued in the field of knowledge.
ReplyDeleteHello teacher! I found your blog very intriguing since I aspire to be fluent in English. Schneider has been able to document the modernity of the English language very well.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, teacher, I love that you are so passionate about English, that shows your passion for what you do, i love it!
ReplyDeleteHello Professor! The investigation of Mr. Schneider is very interesting. I don't know much about English, but I would like to learn about it.
ReplyDeleteGreetings!