BLOG 2 - Why did you choose this career/study programme?

Hello class again! This is our second entry. On this occasion,  you will have to write about your dreamed work related to your career or studies. Please include the following topics:
 

- your dream job(s) when you were a child.

- what made you decide for your current career in the end.

- your experience at university until now.

- the kind of job you would like to have in the future.

- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university.

Some recommendations for the post:

Number of words: 120 to 150. Font: Arial, Calibri. Size 12 – 14.
Make comments on three (3) of your classmates’ posts plus one (1) comment on your teacher's post as well. You have 36 hours to do so.

 

Study in Valparaiso 

As an English pedagogy undergraduate student, I wanted to work on something related to my field. I dreamed all year long to get a position at a travel agency guiding tourists throughout Valparaiso hills’. In the same way, I also wished to get a job at the Pacific Terminal dock, where cruise ships stopped by with hundreds of travellers. I tried year after year, but I couldn’t make it. On my final year at university, I end up translating some emails for a small company. However, I always had the chance to teach people around me.  I chose pedagogy because I enjoy seeing learners learning. I didn’t try any other career as I didn’t aim to do anything else in my life. 

My experience at university was good. I learned a lot of new things and met many interesting professors and classmates. Time to time a have contact with some of my former friends and have a meeting all together!


In the near future I would love teaching some Chilean Spanish to foreigners and preparing some learning materials for people interested in the way we use the language hereabouts.

 

 

Comments

  1. I also enjoy watching others learn. Pedagogy is rewarding work. I admire your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! How nice that you are doing what you like the most and that you keep in touch with your colleagues ! Greetings !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello teacher! What good choices you have made in your university and work life. I admire the teaching work very much, in fact I still take it into consideration eventually. I hope to achieve it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How inspiring his story! Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I loved your story! It's very motivating. I hope you fulfill all your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is so cool to read your dream end up being to teach. If i was not studying sociology i would definitely study something related to teaching... That was my dream when i was around 15!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello teacher, I know I'm very late, but I didn't know about this assignment. Teaching Spanish English must be very entertaining, you should fulfill your dream as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I find it amazing that you want to teach part of our linguistic culture

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a vocation and that says a lot about a good teacher! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I'm really impresed by your story, because it's seems like you really want to teach, and it also seems like you give the inspiration to the learners; that's so amazing!
    In the same way, I'm very glad that you can be able to reunite with your old mates, and I really hope that you'll never lose contact with them!
    In addition, I send you all my wishes so you can fulfill your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Professor, I am very glad that you are dedicating yourself to your work in a joyful way. Working with a vocation makes life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi teacher! I am very happy that your experience at the university has been good, very beautiful and inspiring your story, there should be more people with this vocation

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! For a lot of people is difficult choose a career and is incredible your vocation. I appear amazing the pleasure for the tourism and the sea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6 - A Career-Related Expert or Website

BLOG 1 - My Auto Biography

Blog 3 - My Favorite Piece of Technology