Blog 3 - My Favorite Piece of Technology

Hello class, this is our third post. On this occasion, you will be writing about technology. Is there any special gadget that you treasure the most? Are there many? None at all? Let’s find out! Please include the following topics:

  • What it is?
  • When you got it?
  • How you use it?
  • How often you use it?
  • Why you like it?
  • What life would be like without it?


Requirements for the entry:

For the present task, you need to write 140 to 145 words. You have 48 hours to complete your task. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the English we have learned in previous lessons. DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY.

 __________________________________________________________________________

 

 My iPod many years back

Since the first time I saw an iPod, I couldn’t believe I could save that much music into it. I've got mine from Canada as ‘deal of the day’ price so I've got a big discount which included a free customising, so I've got my name printed on it plus a nice 3D engraved drawing of a hamming bird on the metal back. 

 

 IPod brand icon

Right after I've got it, I started to use it all around. I took it to work, library or whenever I went out. I was like hypnotised by it! I tried not to use it when going to bed, except I knew that was lost battle. I end up giving up and listening until I sleep myself out. I customised all files, songs and play lists. As time passed by, somehow our relations went cold…

I used to love my iPod a lot, suddenly I stopped using it (I do not really know why!). Today, it is in a box somewhere in the basement. I would love going back to it and play a few tunes and remember my uni days.

 


 

Comments

  1. Hi teacher! I'm so glad that you still conserve your old iPod, it definetly saves a lot of memories in shape of music. It's kinda crazy to think about how and when we stop using anything, because in that moment we don't know that this will be the last use that we give to a thing. It's always nostalgic to remember when we pass of using anything everyday, and after just think about it like a good memorie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello teacher!
    I never had the privilege of being able to use an iPod. But my parents did have one. They also enjoyed the normal pastimes of adolescence, such as listening to pop music, dancing, and singing. I also love music. I often will write a song or just play music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Professor, your story makes me nostalgic. The truth is that I never had an iPod, but when I was in school I liked to listen to music with my father's mp3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello teacher ! Wow ! When I was younger I also had an iPod and I wore it everywhere ! I hope I'll use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story! I've never used an iPod, I'd like to know more about that. I always like to read your blogs, maybe you could tell us more about your iPod in class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my god! I must say: This is some old fashion technology. I mean: We all know what iPod is, i remember people, when I was a child, playing music with it... But not any more... Really nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi teacher, the iPod is very nostalgic, it was a great device that changed the way we all listen to music. There are many of us who can't do our homework without music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome teacher, It is cool to have such a well preserved old technological device. It must bring you several memories

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love music. How interesting it must be listen that music again after so many years :o make a playlist pleaseee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! When I was a child my bigger sister had one and I really loved to use it; I didn't know anything about how to use it, but I really tried to learn.
    Anyway... It's true when you say it's very addictive, but in the same way, I think it's not bad to use it (obviously in moderation) because it's just music. Maybe you could try listening to music with it again, and share with us some of your favorite songs from your iPod, that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello teacher, I really liked reading your story, I found it very entertaining, I feel like the same thing happened to me when I stopped using something that I really liked and saved it, I think it's because tastes are changing and technology is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello teacher! Your story brought me many emotions, memories and nostalgia, because I also used an iPod for a period. I think they should be used again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice story! I remember having my first iPod, it was black and small but very resistant and precious. Music is a good escape from this world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never thought that someone's favorite gadget could be the Ipod. Now I understand it since they were a good company to spend the days. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi teacher!
    Music is always a good company. I remember that I had an mp3 that had all the music you can imagine. I tried not to use it when going to bed, but I also lost that battle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6 - A Career-Related Expert or Website

BLOG 1 - My Auto Biography