BLOG 5 - A Meal or Food You Really Like

Hello class! Here is our fifth post. On this occasion, we will talk about meals and food. I believe we all have our favourite meal or that specific food that we really love. I read many years back 'Food is our common ground, a universal experience'..I truly believe on this one. 

  1. What is it? (describe it)
  2. How is it made?
  3. Why do you like it so much?
  4. What memories do you have of it?
  5. Upload photographs. 

 
Requirements for the entry:

For the present task, you need to write 150 to 155 words. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the English we have learnt in previous sessions. You will have 3 days to do it.  DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY.

______________________________________________________________________________

 A Chilean pastry - Empanadas. 


I love empanadas. Mum used to made them with lots of chopped meat, fresh chopped white onions and some spices. Her speciality was a soft dough and an steady oven. After visiting Europe, I tried several 'empanadas' from different backgrounds…I got an Algerian one and a French one. 

 

In the UK they called it 'pastry' and add parnish plus lamb; really delicious! In Colombia they add some potatoes and peas…their dough is made out of yellow corn…a delicatessen! In Edinburg I tried an Indian  samosa, again they come with lots of peas and curry!

 

In general, I can really say that empanadas are very versatile food. You can eat it on the go, at home, taking a picnic with friends or simply going to the nearer supermarket and get some…however, I still miss my mum's empanadas, they are the best ever!  

Comments

  1. I really like empanadas, but I like them better when they are not made from animal suffering! I wish I ate them more regularly and not just for national holidays :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello teacher! I also love empanadas but without meat, and for me the best empanadas are cheese with corn on the beach, those can never be missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea empanadas are, in fact, really tasty. I love them with chees or in like a napolitan way. I would have love to try those samosa with curry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi teacher! I also love empanadas, but the truth is that I am very crafty, only like cheese empanadas or neapolitans, I like them more baked than fries. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that empanadas are a versatile food. It is always a good option when I am traveling and when I have little time and money for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi teacher. The beauty of empanadas is that they always taste good - no matter if they are stuffed with chicken, meat, vegetables or cheese. Besides, what is fascinating and exciting about the empanadas is that they can be eaten for breakfast, appetizer, main course and some empanadas are even dessert (the best are the chocolate and dulce de leche empanadas)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like empanadas very much. There are many types of empanadas, since my childhood the "Pino" were my favorite, today I like more the ones that mix other types of ingredients, like the mushroom or cheese with tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola teacher, I also like the empanada very much. I had no idea that there were empanadas in Europe, hopefully one day I will try an empanada from there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Empanadas are amazing. I like the fact that you can eat it whenever you want, at any hour. In my opinion, the neapolitan empanada is better than the typical Chilean way. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi teacher! I also like empanadas. The wonderful thing about empanadas is that they can be eaten at any time one prefers. For breakfast, as a snack, a main dish and even to indulge yourself after a long day. I especially like those that do not contain meat, using soy or mushrooms, they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like empanadas too. I like the differents preparations of an empanada is for all persons in the form what your prefer. I prefer the options with cheese is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi teacher! I understand you: the mom´s food are one of the best things in the life. In my case, my grandmother do empanadas at september, for the celebration of September 18.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello teacher! I love empanadas as much as you do, my grandmother cooked them delicious. I wish I could cook like her, but it's so hard to make a perfect and tasty empanada. I would really like to travel to try those incredible empanadas that you describe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello mister, how delicious are the empanadas and the good thing is that they can be eaten throughout the year, I also like them too much .. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello teacher!
    I also like empanadas. Have you tried the variety of empanadas that they sell in university kiosks? I particularly like the caprese empanada with tomato, basil and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello teacher, I also like empanadas although I prefer them with pebre and very spicy, on the other hand I do not like pine empanadas, their taste is somewhat unpleasant

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6 - A Career-Related Expert or Website

BLOG 1 - My Auto Biography

Blog 3 - My Favorite Piece of Technology