BLOG 4 - A Photograph and Its Story

Hello class again! Here we are giving our best on our fourth post. On this occasion, we will talk about photographs. I believe we all have our favourite piece somewhere hidden or uploaded, which causes us to be proud of ourselves. Maybe you like a picture of a landscape or that special pet that we care of so much. Once I read, 'snapshots are a reflection of our memories, a cut of time preserved for the future'. 

 

  1. Who took it?
  2. What it shows?
  3. When it was taken?
  4. Why you like it? (give a couple of reasons)
  5. Upload it too?

 
Requirements for the entry:

For the present task, you need to write 140 to 145 words. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the English we have learnt in previous sessions. You will have 3 days to do it.  DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY.

________________________________________________________________________________________________


Penco in the summer

Penco is a small town near Concepión. I captured this picture many years back. What I liked at that moment, was the fact that people were enjoying a warm summer day under the sun. There were dozens of tends across the beach. Children were drinking juice and youngsters were playing games laughing abundantly!

I remember people's voices, they all sounded so relaxed and happy. Some ladies were analysing the last events happening at their favourite soap opera. Some men were reading the local newspaper and some others were listening a sport game on the radio. The air was filled with an gentle noise and ambiance of families and good humour.

Time to time a 'micro' passed by announcing their way back to 'Conce' and some vendors were screaming their products at lunch time...It was a lovely day at the south strolling about in Penco beach. 

The weather was so perfect that day, the funny thing is that the next day was raining profusely! Another interesting fact is that the photograph was taken by my brother, not me. Most of mine went blurry.

Comments

  1. Hello, I really like Penco, it seems like a good place to spend the day. The change that society has undergone over the years seemed quite evident to me, especially in its attitudes. Nowadays it is quite difficult to find someone reading the newspaper on the beach hahaha Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Professor! how nostalgic your story makes me feel. It reminds me of a trip to the beach that I took with my father many years ago, although the truth is that I don't like beaches very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I think the beach is a magical place for people who live in cities without sea. The weather is always so crazy, you don't know if the day will be sunny, cloudy or rainy. Many times it is a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful story! I do not know that place, but I am impressed by how beautiful it is, the good memory it has to remember everything is also impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! What a nice memory and what a beautiful photograph!I don't know Penco but it's definitely beautiful, I hope it still looks like in the photo today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! I don't know that town, but it seems very nice. I think my favorite place to go in vacations is the beach. In there you always have great moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. What a beautiful story, teacher!
    To me, photography is art.
    My dad was an amateur photographer and took hundreds of pictures. There are thousands of photographers who take beautiful photos on Instagram, anyone's a good photographer now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know Penco, but for the view of the photography it appears to be a beautiful place. Perfect days like that, where people are and the climate allows enjoying the outdoors are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there. One of the places that I don´t know of Chile is Concepción. I´m very curiosly about the sites of that city. Anyway, it´s a beautiful photo. I like the trees near of the beach. In Valparaíso you can´t saw some like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your description match perfectly what my family have being told me of what summer in Zapallar was back in their years of youth. Thank for shearing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's interesting to see photographs after a long time, since it makes us remember moments that we had forgotten and even remember how we felt at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is a very nostalgic moment. I was identify with the sensations of relax and happy of the people the beach generates that on me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am the people jajaja, I love the beach and summer, I really like to eat ice cream when it's hot and play in the sea

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi professor, i love the picture because show the world before, sepia colors convey a certain nostalgia and people´s hairstyles and cothes make one travel back in the time

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi teacher!
    I loved the story behind the photography, it's amazing what a picture can tell. And I loved the aesthetic of the photography.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6 - A Career-Related Expert or Website

BLOG 1 - My Auto Biography

Blog 3 - My Favorite Piece of Technology